Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cosme Was Born Here

Cosme Was Born Here: This set of photos pays "homage" to the very spot where "Cosme" was born.

Way back May 16th this year, my staff and I went to the old breakwater at CCP to check on the setmen around 1am. Our shoot calltime was at 3am but we wanted to make sure that everything was ready at the location by the time the rest of the crew gets there.

As soon as I came out of the van, I knew I had to take a photo of the well-lit images in front of me. I only had my ever-reliable Olympus Stylus 720SW then, but I was able to take photos naman that I am happy with (click here for those photos). However, I also knew I would have been happier if I had a DSLR then.

And that's when I realized I wanted to go back to photography.

"Cosme" was the name of the typhoon while we were shooting Project "Kiss" at the Manila Bay. Yes, we braved and survived "Cosme" because "Kiss" had a scheduled product launch. It was also my talent fee from "Kiss" that I used to buy my Nikon D80 with. So, I guess, it's only right to name my camera "Cosme."

Having bought a not-so-high-end-but-I'm-quite-happy-with-it-anyway tripod and an ML-L3 remote control for my shutter release last week, I decided to go to CCP and take photos of the sunset. Since I didn't have a photo buddy with me, I brought my son along who carried the tripod all the way through (magaan lang tripod ko, ok!).

Click here for more of the photos I took and uploaded in Byaheng Barok Multiply site. Will definitely appreciate C&Cs for improvement.



0 comments: