Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Accomplishments of an Unfruitful Day

Have you ever had a day when you're doing so many things at the same time that the day has passed you by without you even realizing it? That's exactly how my every day is like since I went back to production.

But these days, my schedules have now become "unhectic". With my director leaving for a 2-month vacation this August, we have stopped bidding for new projects and are now on the finishing stages of our current ones. Goody! I'll be able to attend to some personal stuff I've been putting on hold since late 2006! Hehehe!

So, today is the day that I am starting my own personal errands.

As soon as I dropped my son off at school, I should have gone straight to work and hang around (updating my Friendster, Multiply and Facebook!) until real work starts at 10am. But since we have nothing until 12nn today, I decided to take a jeepney and head to Quiapo.

My first stop for the day was the PAG-IBIG branch office somewhere in Lawton (yup, I don't know exactly where it is... my Mom just said, it's near the LRT!). I wanted to check out how feasible it was for me to get a housing loan. Yes, a housing loan. At age 33, I finally gave serious thought about buying a house. Ooops! In my case, it should be a condominium unit (inquiring and canvassing from home developers last week made me realize I won't be able to live anywhere outside of Metro Manila... but that's another blog entry).

I found the PAG-IBIG branch office with no difficulty. Since I arrived early, the queue wasn't that long yet. And when my turn came, I was glad that I ended up with a kind-looking middle-aged man who seemed to be "happy" enough to be of service to the PAG-IBIG members. After asking me a few questions, he searched his computer for my files. He printed a summary of my contributions for each of the company I worked in for the past 12 years. Good. I've got enough and decent contributions. BUT! According to him, they do not allow voluntary memberships anymore. HUWHAT?! So, even if I pay a lump sum to all the months I lacked contributions, I wouldn't be able to make use of my PAG-IBIG anymore for a housing loan?! Grrr... He said I should try to go to the Kamias branch since my last employer remitted my contributions there. They may be able to help and allow me to continue my contributions. Oh, well... There goes my trip to the PAG-IBIG. I'll have to allot another day again just to go to the Kamias branch. Grrr...

Not wanting to make this day go to waste, I decided to drop by the nearby SSS branch and update my contributions as well. But even this fallback plan to make this day fruitful went down the drain. Displayed on the glass doors of this SSS branch is a white paper with bold writings "No updates/print-outs on contributions, loan applications, etc. Please check www.sss.gov.ph". Ugh!!!

Since I still have so much time in my hands (it was only 9am), I decided to go to Hidalgo and buy an extra battery for my Nikon camera. Lo and behold! When I got to Hidalgo, most of the camera stores are still closed! Syempre, 9am pa nga lang...

I went to a nearby pizza joint and ate brunch, even though I wasn't hungry. I had no choice given the limited number of places I could kill time. What? Inside the Quiapo Church? You gotta be kiddin' me? Hehehe!

After brunch, I roamed around the nearby mall and department store to kill time. I kept circling 'round and 'round 'til my feet ached from walking. Buti na lang, the clock stroke 11! Yahoo!!! Mayer's is now officially open.

I finally got to work before 12nn, too surprised that I have gone to so many places and the day isn't halfway done yet. I would love to say I have accomplished so much just this morning, but really, buying the battery was the only substantial thing that happened.

SIGH... What a day... And I'm just starting this day.

0 comments: